Wednesday, 6:30pm KUUF – Admin Room
KUUF BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Agenda for Feb 21, 2018
***** EXECUTIVE SESSION – (NONE) *****
6:30 PM Call to Order: Eric Harrold, President
6:45 PM Consent agenda
- Minutes of the January 17, 2018 board meeting
- February 21, 2018 Board Agenda
- Board Liaison & other reports, including Finance; Personnel; etc.
6:50 PM Adopt the agenda for this meeting
6:55 PM President’s Report: Eric Harrold review of fellowship activities
- Planning-to-Plan continues; paid consultation with Emily Melcher continues
- Economy Hearth and Home; Installation complete – pends final inspection and testing.
- Confirm Charitable Giving Task Force has started process.
- We need to find a Ways & Means Committee.
- ARE has a delegate to attend PWR annual meeting in Portland
- A new accompanist has been hired (Annie) and has started
- A new volunteer administrative assistant (Joey) has been approved and has started (this may become a paid position)
- Office administrator certified our membership to UUA on February 1st, 2018
7:10 PM Treasurer’s Report (Susan Welsh, Treasurer): Vote to approve.
7:20 PM *****OLD BUSINESS *****
Review of the new KUUF Welcome and Membership Charter (Paul Wilson): The Welcome and Membership Committee has updated their charter and want it voted on. Discussion
Recommended motion: I move that we accept the W & M Charter, dated December 20, 2017, as written.
Allowing Homeless Persons to Park in the KUUF Parking lot (Eric Harrold): The Social Justice Committee has met with Monica from KCR to discuss how we could be involved with aiding the homeless. I have been asking people in cars to leave our parking lot, but could we allow them to park overnight without sacrificing safety (primarily for Tanesha) or causing a waste problem? Discussion.
7:45 PM *****NEW BUSINESS *****
Half-time Minister Discussions with Potential Candidates (Eric Harrold): I have talked with Joseph Bednarik and Jessica Star-Rockers regarding their interest in filling a half-time minister role at KUUF. Both have indicated their eagerness to participate with us in this role. GREAT NEWS!! The only bad part of this news is that we can’t have them both. The Stewardship drive will dictate future discussion. Discuss candidates.
Board members for church year 2018 – 2019 (Eric Harrold): We need to discuss the list of names submitted by the nominating committee as potential board members for the next church year. There is a Board Development day on the 3rd of March in Sequim, WA between 10 AM and 3 PM. I would like to next potential candidates to attend. Discussion.
Addition of a Banner Box on KUUF Property (Eric Harrold): The Social Justice Committee has been working diligently on learning the rules surrounding the erection of a free-standing banner box/sign on fellowship property. Discussion.
8:25 PM Thank you card recipient nomination(s) for January 2018:
Conversations with the Board Topics:
- Board to discuss the April congregational meeting process
For the good of the order
Date of next Board meeting: Wednesday, March 21st, 2018
8:30 p.m. Adjournment