Located in the Elmore Room
Hours: 10:00 am to Noon on Sundays (when the Elmore Room is open);
Monday-Friday 10:00 am-1:30 pm
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or for book recommendations
View newest titles to the collection at https://kuuflibrary.libib.com/. Our library is a work in process. Older titles will be added to the public catalog as they are cataloged.
Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Library of the Kitsap Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is to provide resources to adults in our community that supports spiritual growth through the free and responsible search for truth and meaning (third and fourth UU Principles). We seek to include resources that bring understanding and insight from:
- UU history, identity, beliefs, practices and beloved UU teachers
- History and theology of the major world religions
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit (from sources)
- Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature (from sources)
- Words and deeds of prophetic people which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love (sixth principle)
- Practices that help us meet significant personal challenges of sexuality, gender identity and roles, relationships, parenting, illness, aging, grief and death from a UU perspective
We gladly accept donations of books not already in our collection! Donations will be reviewed prior to inclusion to determine if a copy meets our mission statement. Leave a note if you want your books back if they cannot be included. Place donations in the bin on the bottom shelf in the library. Thank you!